Payroll Benefits Specialist
About the Role
We are looking for a Payroll & Benefits Specialist to oversee NinjaOne’s payroll & benefits function. The Payroll & Benefits Specialist is responsible for administering all payroll processing, payroll tax filing, and benefit programs (including medical, vision, dental, group life, flexible spending account, and paid leave). You understand the importance of maintaining compliance with all legal requirements of various payroll and employee benefit programs, including ensuring that quarter-end and year-end tax deadlines and procedures are followed timely and accurately. You have a high aptitude for accuracy, organization and are detail-oriented.
Location- We are flexible on remote working from home, if you are located in one of the following states- TX, FL, NC, and GA. We have physical offices in Austin, TX and Tampa, FL.
What You’ll be Doing
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices
- Partner with broker to maintain best benefits for employees
- Assists employees regarding benefits and payroll inquiries
- Performs quality checks of benefits-related data
- Manages employee enrollments and life changes
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities
- Manage 401(k) plan and all compliance standards
- Assists with the open enrollment process
- Manages all unemployment claims and works with state agencies to ensure proper processing
- Process all year-end filings including 1095-C, W-2s and 401(k) testing
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ payroll and benefits experience
- Multi-state payroll experience
- Global payroll and benefits experience a plus
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws
- Polished written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
- Maintain a high level of security and confidentially of sensitive information.
NinjaOne is a leading unified IT operations solution that simplifies the way IT works. With NinjaOne, IT teams can automate, manage, and remediate all their tasks within one modern, intuitive platform, improving technician efficiency and user productivity. NinjaOne supports over 10,000 IT departments and managed service providers around the world and is consistently ranked #1 for its world-class customer support. NinjaOne has been recognized as the best rated software in its category on G2 and Gartner Digital Markets for the past 3 years.
What You’ll Love
We are a collaborative, kind, and curious community.
We honor your flexibility needs with full-time work that is fully remote.
We have you covered with our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, and group life insurance and flexible spending accounts.
We help you prepare for your financial future with our 401(k) plan.
We prioritize your work-life balance with our unlimited PTO.
We reward your work with opportunity for growth and advancement.