Multi-Platform Systems Engineer
About the Role
We are looking to add to our Trust organization an experienced Systems Engineer. NinjaOne is a fast growing, employee friendly company providing IT operations software products and services for our clients. In this new role, you will increase the internal support of our growing needs on future product development and our engineered systems. Support hardware and systems designs in our growing Austin, TX datacenter and our user requests globally collaborating onsite and remotely. Use your Systems Engineering expertise to design, configure and support Compute, Network and Storage environments for our growing software development and technical service teams. Exposure to active directory, networking protocols, and infrastructure design are just a few of the projects you will deliver. Working closely with our Director of IT Engineering, you will partner to the design and expansion of our internal cloud system. Increasing the efficiency for our user’s access to support hardware, software, virtual and cloud environments.
Location- This role will require hybrid work: onsite in our Datacenter in Austin Texas, and remotely as needed.
What You’ll be Doing
- Monitor and measure System Performance, perform day-to-day systems administration activities such as Host updates, data Storage Management, infrastructure continuity, local device backup etc.
- Implement hardware design in our corporate Datacenter, providing controlled access computing targets to support legacy and future projects.
- Utilize best practices and tools to secure local data and Datacenter hardware.
- Onsite support of datacenter hardware to include design, ordering, racks and computing environments according to defined requirements.
- Manage security groups for users limited access to requested environments.
- Provide resources for infrastructure methodologies and techniques to support our internal application requirements.
- Collaborate with our internal teams to support automation and deployment for our applications and infrastructure that is aligned with our business objectives.
- Work with business and project teams to devise technical simulations for our Development, Quality Assurance, Sales, and Support team.
- Other duties as needed
- Associates Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science; equivalent work experience will also be considered.
- 5+ years of experience as a System Engineer.
- Previous experience with design, development, and implementation of moderate to highly complex solutions in a multi-tiered architecture.
- You have developed application enhancements support documents such as technical design and support resources.
- Previously responsible for testing and implementation of support systems software changes.
- You keep updated on technology and development tools related to System Engineering.
- Experience in using knowledge and collaboration software for ticketing support and project management.
- Previous operating systems experience in all versions of Microsoft Desktop and Servers, MAC OS, utilization of current Linux versions and exposure to Rasberry Pi is a plus.
- Experience in Microsoft Hypervisor including windows Admin Center and Windows Core Server.
Windows Microsoft Desktop and Server
Linux based Desktop and Server
Macintosh / Apple OS
VMWare Esxi versions
- Experience in layer 2 and 3 networking including routing and switching.
- Experience with Cisco IOS, Dell/EMC and Virtual Routers using command line programming.
- Previous experience with remote hardware support experience using KVM /ILO /CIMC /IDRAC/ SSH and remote tools, remote management software support to include.
NinjaOne is a leading unified IT management solution that simplifies the way IT teams work. With NinjaOne, MSPs and IT departments can automate, manage, and remediate all their endpoint management tasks within one fast, modern, intuitive platform, improving technician efficiency and user satisfaction. NinjaOne supports over 10,000 customers around the world and is consistently ranked #1 for its world-class customer support. NinjaOne has been recognized as the best rated software in its category on G2 and Gartner Digital Markets for the past three years.
What You’ll Love
We are a collaborative, kind, and curious community.
We honor your flexibility needs with full-time work that is fully remote.
We have you covered with our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance.
We help you prepare for your financial future with our 401(k) plan.
We prioritize your work-life balance with our unlimited PTO.
We reward your work with opportunity for growth and advancement.